Job Opportunity: Mile High Business Alliance, Community Activator – Apply by 3/28/14
We connect local businesses to the resources they need to thrive and grow. Our network focuses on creating strong relationships that are building a more resilient, connected and healthy local economy. Our innovative and dynamic organization is focused on producing great results that mean something to us and our community. This includes our Neighborhood Catalyst project, a locally-based crowdfunding platform launched in October.
We’re looking for an incredibly generative person to build lots of participation in Neighborhood Catalyst through community outreach, partnership building and lead generation and follow through. Think of it as a sales + technology + communications role. If you love bringing together a community of people to make stuff happen, then we’re looking for you!
We love working with passionate, mission-driven people who bring that passion to work each day. Check out our staff page for a bit about the team.
- Excitement about having lots of conversations about local crowdfunding with business owners, community leaders, and project owners
- Comfort with public speaking
- At least two years’ professional experience in a relatable field (sales, communications, marketing)
- Ability to self-manage to fulfill on specific deadlines & outcomes without getting stressed out
- Intuitive ability to learn new software programs
- The capacity to build relationships with local partners
Candidates without these skills will not be considered for this position.
Other skills we’d love you to have, but that aren’t required:
- Talent for copy writing (for web, social media and newsletters)
- Prior experience managing foundation grants
- Any programming or PM experience in a software development context
- Photography and/or video skills
- Experience managing crowdfunding projects
Duties will Include:
- Developing and expanding our community engagement strategies to increase the user and project base for Neighborhood Catalyst, meeting our monthly and quarterly metrics for success
- Generating project leads and nurturing them to successful project outcomes
- Tracking, analyzing and communicating vital statistics about projects and their impact
- Working with software developers to complete feature enhancements
- Managing relationships with current and completed projects, including communications, reporting and working with the Finance Team on payments
- Writing relevant communications to promote NC, such as blog posts, media blasts, web content, etc
- Building and maintaining social media and other marketing channels for NC
- Participating in relevant community events to talk about crowdfunding and NC (this requires capacity for public speaking)
- Managing phone, email, and in-person communications to resolve conflicts, forward participation, and produce results.
- Keeping accurate records of business participation and interactions using civiCRM, with a focus on providing great service to local business owners
- Must have reliable transportation around the Metro region
- Will often work outside normal office hours for specific projects or events
Perks of working at MHBA:
- Free weekly yoga class and other health-related group activities
- Health care plan for full-time employees after probation period
- Optional Flexible Spending Account for health care expenses
- Generous time off, including vacation and well-being time
- Flexible work schedule and freedom to work outside the office
- Get to spend your days with awesome, hardworking people
To apply you must have:
- 2+ years of relatable professional experience
- A positive attitude and ability to communicate well with lots of people
- Willingness to support our team culture of integrity, communication and generating great results
- A strong belief in MHBA’s mission
- A good sense of humor
- Proven capacity to manage the small details of a project while keeping your eye on the bigger mission
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn Profile, a copy of your resume, and a 100-word blog post about Neighborhood Catalyst. The subject of your email must be “Activating Community”
Applicants who do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
Applications accepted through 3/28/14. Expected start date will be between 3/31/14 and 4/14/14.
Please note that only local candidates will be considered for this position. We will not be contacting any candidates until the entire process is complete, so please do not email us to inquire about your application. No phone inquiries, please.
There are multiple steps to our application process with the final application due March 28, 2014 at midnight. We encourage you to send your resume/linked-in profile information quickly.
Hours: Full time, 40+ hrs per week minimum with flexible schedule
Compensation: Fluctuating monthly salary based on performance of individual, team and company goals. This position will pay in the $32K – $35K range, based on experience and responsibilities.