Job Opportunity – Capital Sistesrs
Job Description – Executive Assistant
Capital Sisters International is a nonprofit organization that raises funds for microfinance institutions that make tiny business loans ($100 to $300) to impoverished women in developing countries. The organization has spent the past decade helping to establish Revolving Loan Funds all over the world, and educating the local, national and global community about the effectiveness of microfinance in eradicating poverty. We have recently launched an exciting new Investment Fund to increase our support for microfinance institutions. Capital Sisters is headquartered in Golden. Our staff works largely in a virtual office environment.
The Executive Assistant is central to the smooth functioning of the organization and a highly valued position. For the right person this position could lead to an office manager role (but not a programs role). The Executive Assistant will work for the CEO and CFO, but will also provide assistance to the staff and organization on a broad range of activities. The position would be 30-40 hours per week, likely to be one day in the office and the remainder on a flexible/remote basis. The candidate is expected to have a fully equipped home office (laptop, printer, scanner, etc.). Significant administrative experience is a requirement; nonprofit experience is not necessary. Business experience is a plus. Capital Sisters International is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual who, with the following qualifications, can have a significant impact on the effective running of the organization and the women we serve:
- Experience with administrative activities in a business setting;
- Experience working as an assistant to high-level organizational leaders;
- Detail oriented and willing to double check all products before distribution;
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple responsibilities;
- Proactive about accomplishing tasks and completing projects, a self-starter;
- Exceptional proofreading skills;
- Effective communicator with a wide range of internal and external parties;
- Adept with technology and proficient with Word, Power Point, Photoshop, Excel, Access (to some degree), and preferably with SalesForce; and
- Capable of creating visually appealing reports and basic marketing pieces.
- Compensation will be $17-$20/hour depending on experience, with the possibility of benefits.
The following list is illustrative of the activities which the Executive Assistant will undertake. Because Capital Sisters is a small organization, many of these activities will be periodic rather than day to day.
- Arrange a weekly Team meeting, take minutes, and prepare action lists;
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and anticipate her needs, primarily in preparation for meetings with donors, investors and industry contacts;
- Maintain Salesforce Database of contacts, donors and investors, produce reports and respond to queries;
- Manage Donor and Investor Communications such as thank you letters, account documents;
- Manage Electronic Communications such as invitations and newsletters using MailChimp;
- Manage copying and assembly of Fundraising Packets for potential donors;
- Prepare materials and track donations for Year End Fundraising Campaign;
- Manage Vendor Accounts for office supplies, printing requirements and others;
- Conduct Ongoing Scanning and Filing in our cloud based system;
- Provide General Assistance with meeting arrangements, contacts and phone calls;
- Assist with Travel arrangements and trip itineraries, files and expense reports;
- Draft basic Correspondence and reports for wide ranging audiences;
- Run occasional Errands such as post office, bank, printers, office supplies;
- Assist with Events including invitations, RSVPs, logistics and catering;
- Arrange and support Board Meetings (logistics, materials, minutes); and
- Conduct ad hoc Office Management projects under the direction of the CFO and CEO.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Executive Assistant in the subject field. Please provide information that demonstrates the skills and experience you will bring to the position. NO CALLS PLEASE.