Intern with Microcredit Summit Campaign in Fort Collins!
Two Internship positions, a Marketing and Communications Intern, are available with the Microcredit Summit Campaign. More information can be found below and at http://www.idealist.org/view/internship/76ZKp5bZGbfP/
Seal of Excellence for Poverty Outreach in Microfinance
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Job Type: Part-time, unpaid internship (min. 20 hours per week), 3-6 month commitment.
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Reports to: Seal Director
About the Seal
The Seal of Excellence for Poverty Outreach is a global certification initiative with the mission of putting poor clients back in the heart of the microfinance movement. By recognizing those microfinance providers that are doing the most to reach people living in poverty, the Seal defines a pathway to better meet the needs of poor families. The Seal creates a learning community of microfinance practitioners, funders, networks, policymakers, researchers, and others who want to see positive and lasting change for people living in poverty. The Seal will collect and share evidence of success to reinvigorate the role of financial services in the fight against poverty. The Seal initiative is administratively housed at the Microcredit Summit Campaign.
About the Job
Do you believe in the power of microfinance to help families lift themselves out of poverty? Are you interested in connecting with industry leaders from organizations such as Kiva, the Microcredit Summit Campaign, the Grameen Foundation, Freedom from Hunger, and others? Are you a social media junkie, tweeting and using Facebook all day, every day? If so, join the Seal of Excellence in creating the next chapter in the fight against poverty!
The Seal seeks a highly motivated individual with a can-do attitude willing to do a variety of tasks to support the marketing of the initiative, including research, blogging and social media. The intern will support the Seal Director (a veteran of Kiva) in Fort Collins, and work with the Seal Program Associate who is Chicago-based. The right candidate has experience and a fanatical passion for blogging and social media. The intern will substantially grow the Seal’s presence on Internet based social networks.
The intern will work together with staff 25-50% of each week in downtown Fort Collins coffee shops. The intern and staff will determine the schedule of weekly working hours in advance. The intern will remain in contact with staff during their remote working hours via Gchat/Skype.
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build a public portfolio of work for a global industry initiative. Through this internship, you will gain in-depth knowledge of what’s working in poverty alleviation. The Seal is made up of a small but dynamic team of individuals passionate about microfinance and building a community of practice to promote effective poverty outreach and develop services that create positive and lasting change for people living in poverty. Help us establish this initiative while connecting with top leaders in the microfinance industry.
- Identify, manage, and grow the Seal’s presence on Internet based social communities (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Produce and edit high quality content for the Seal blog, including reading current relevant articles and suggesting a Seal commentary
- Identify key metrics and track outreach through all channels
- Research academics, researchers, and initiatives focused on microfinance, monitoring and evaluation, poverty outreach, etc.
- Create marketing materials to promote the Seal at conferences, industry events, and online
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Excellent research skills and ability to communicate findings to a broad audience
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, or similar highly desirable
- Fluency in spoken and written English required; proficiency in multiple languages a plus (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian)
- Start-up experience a plus
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to MeasureLearnChange@gmail.com.