Donor Relationship Manager Position – Friendship Bridge
Donor Relations Manager
Friendship Bridge – Lakewood, CO
Friendship Bridge is an international social enterprise that empowers impoverished Guatemalan women to create a better future for themselves, their children and their communities through microfinance and education. The organization operates as a non-profit, non-governmental organization and relies on a donation portfolio to expand its outreach.
Position Summary: The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for implementing and managing the organization’s donor relations strategy, in addition to expanding the donor base. He/she will have consistent and proactive communications with donors in a customer service oriented manner. In addition, this position will cultivate new prospects and serve as a liaison to Friendship Bridge Circles. The dynamic role will have opportunities to visit donors across the country, as well as accompany groups to Guatemala for Insight Trips
Reports to: Vice President of Philanthropy
● Build relationships with new, current, and lapsed donors.
● Maintain a portfolio of donors for whom she/he will be directly responsible to cultivate, solicit, and steward, to meet annual individual fundraising goals.
● Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Development Associate to develop and manage direct mail and appeal solicitations.
● Partner with the Development Associate to document and maintain clear and timely records to track contacts, donor giving, notes, and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database.
● Work with the Development staff and key volunteers to develop, execute, and evaluate strategies to engage individual donors through outreach, education, invitations to special events, and personal contacts.
Donor Portfolio Growth
● Work closely with the Development team and Board to build a prospect portfolio and ensure the flow of prospects into the giving pipeline, from identification through solicitation.
● Develop and manage new, creative fundraising campaigns which includes peer-to-peer fundraising.
● Create and oversee a new Planned Giving Program.
● Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to create and implement marketing and donor communications such as monthly newsletters, press releases, and media outreach to create awareness while also supporting cultivation and stewardship of donors.
● Recommend new engagement, and marketing and communication best practices to support fundraising goals.
Circles, Insight Trips and Events
● Manage and lead fundraising strategy for Friendship Bridge Circles which includes travelling to and attending Circle meetings.
● Work with staff in Guatemala to coordinate Insight Trip itineraries, as well as cultivate new and previous Insight Trip attendees.
● Oversee the planning and execution of donor events.
● Public speaking at events required to present on the activities of Friendship Bridge.
● Work closely with fellow Development team members to understand priorities and business goals, and develop strategies to meet the organization’s needs.
● Oversee Individual Giving and Events budget to ensure organization is on target for fundraising activities.
● Be an active member of the board-led Development Committee.
● The Donor Relations Manager will also assist with other duties, as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Minimum 3 years nonprofit fundraising experience with a proven record of success.
Familiarity with development databases
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
Ability to thrive in a high-energy and team-oriented environment
Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within budget, deadlines and changing priorities
Self-starter who is willing to support and lead projects, working both independently and as part of a team
Commitment to International Development
Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Publisher, ACCESS, PowerPoint)
Knowledge of marketing, event planning, and communications best practices
Willingness to travel and occasionally work irregular hours, such as evenings and weekends
Knowledge of microcredit and Guatemala is a plus but not required.
Spanish language proficiency is a plus but not required.
Experience with and contacts in media and public relations.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to with the subject line “Friendship Bridge Donor Relations” to HR@friendshipbridge.org. No phone calls please.
Deadline for application: Monday, June 8, 2015