Capital Sisters International Job Opportunity: Program Analyst with
Capital Sisters International is a nonprofit organization that raises funds for microfinance institutions (MFIs) that make tiny business loans ($100 to $300) to impoverished women in developing countries. The organization has spent the past decade making grants to fund microloans all over the world, and educating the local, national and global community about the effectiveness of microfinance in eradicating poverty. We have recently launched an Impact Investment Fund to increase our financial support for the industry. We sell $1,000 Sister Bonds® investment notes and we loan the proceeds to MFIs in developing countries that focus on women.
Capital Sisters is headquartered in Golden but its staff works primarily in a virtual office environment.
We are looking for a Program Analyst who has a broad range of skills and whose role would span the activities of the organization: our Loan Program, our Education and Advocacy Program and also Fundraising. The Program Analyst would have primary responsibility for data management, analysis and reporting; and for research and reporting. This person will report to the CFO and the CEO. The position could range from 25 – 40 hours per week, depending on the background and qualifications of the candidate.
Specific activities would include
- Supporting program staff in managing business systems and data bases
- Maintaining a database of 1000s of microloan clients we have funded
- Analyzing micro loan client data and writing reports
- Researching industry trends for example microfinance, socially responsible investing
- Researching and analyzing the microfinance industry and MFIs
- Researching potential strategic partners
- Participating in due diligence on potential MFI partners and drafting reports
- Preparing briefs on countries, markets and organizations
- Managing database of foundation research, communications and applications
- Researching foundations for potential grant funding (websites, 990s, annual reports)
- Assisting with grant applications and other written materials
Types of research and data: company data (micro loan clients, donors, investors); industry trends (microfinance, socially responsible investing); World Bank data; Microfinance Information eXchange (MIX); MFI websites and financial reports; foundation websites and financial reports.
Capital Sisters International is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with the following characteristics:
- Three or more years of professional work experience, for example in the areas of data analysis, business administration, marketing and/or project management;
- Strong research, quantitative, analytical and written and verbal communication skills which could be called on in a number of areas;
- Comfortable with technology (MS Office is essential and experience with Salesforce, Access, WordPress, photo editing and report creation would all be of interest);
- Detail oriented and able to juggle multiple responsibilities;
- Self-motivated and able to work virtually but also a team player who works well in a small and fast-paced environment.
We are planning to grow our business this year with the launch of our website and also our back end technology platform which will manage data and automate processes. This person should be well-suited to contribute to this transition.
Experience in microfinance or the nonprofit industry is desirable but not necessary. We would prefer to hire someone with the right skills and commitment and have them grow with the organization. Experience of detailed financial analysis is not a requirement but would be of interest.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide information that demonstrates the skills and experience you will bring to the position, including if possible those related to working in a virtual environment.