2 Great Openings with CO Microfinance Orgs
RMMFI is Hiring!
RMMFI is excited to announce that it will be hiring a Business Launch Boot Camp Program Coordinator. To learn more about the position and how to apply, please visit Andrew Hudson’s Job List to view the position and next steps.
The Boot Camp Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Programs and will be primarily responsible for the execution of key components of RMMFI’s core program, the Business Launch Boot Camp, a 12 week intensive program designed to bring 10-12 entrepreneurs from idea to launch. Duties will include facilitating Core Learning Sessions around key business planning concepts, managing volunteer teams, direct coaching of clients engaged in the Boot Camp, delivery of other key Boot Camp events/trainings, and managing all communications related to the Boot Camp. The Boot Camp Program Coordinator will also assist in acquiring support resources for the Boot Camp, including food donations, volunteer support, and client incentives and managing the Boot Camp loan process. There are currently 3 Boot Camp cycles annually. Individuals who perform well in this position may be considered for increased leadership and responsibility as it becomes available.
RMMFI takes a true team approach to any and all program delivery and this approach requires that all employees are adequately cross-trained on all crucial program components. Therefore, the Boot Camp Program Coordinator can expect to play a role within other program areas, including direct client outreach, the Business Development Program, and loan program management.
Education and Experience:
RMMFI is looking for a results-driven self-motivator who brings passion and creativity to the job, and believes that work should be challenging, fun, and meaningful. Qualified applicants will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably with a focus on education, business management, finance, or a related field of study. Additionally, qualified applicants will have quantifiable experience in facilitating learning experiences (not necessarily related to business development) in both a 1-on-1 and group setting and have experience working within disadvantaged communities and at-risk populations. Qualified applicants will be process-oriented, able to take ‘ownership’ of projects, and demonstrate an ability to build solutions when improvements are necessary. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is a must. Experience owning or working for a small business is preferred.
Salary: $33,000 – $37,000 annually based on experience and skill sets plus benefits
Hiring Level: Entry
Job Opening Date: 04/22/2013
Application Deadline: 04/30/2013
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, April 30th at 5pm. Thank you for your interest in the Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute.
Friendship Bridge is also hiring!
Client Advocate Coordinator Opportunity Type: Internship Friendship Bridge Guatemala
About the Organization: Friendship Bridge is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that provides microcredit and educational programs in Guatemala for women and their families to create their own solutions to poverty. Friendship Bridge blends the short-term economic development needs of women through access to credit and education, and the long-term goal of breaking the generational cycle of poverty by providing educational opportunities for their children.
About the Job: Friendship Bridge is seeking a Client Advocate Coordinator for a fellowship in Guatemala to help support activities related to client advocates and other social performance activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of client advocates in conjunction with the program and projects manager:
- Meet with client advocates to review progress toward goals;
- Provide feedback on interviews with clients and provide feedback to improve processes;
- Ensure timely and complete scheduling and reporting of client advocate activities;
- Support client advocates in preparing and giving presentations;
- Support client advocates through consistent communication and with activities.
- Support program and projects manager:
- Provide support for data entry, as needed;
- Conduct data audits;
- Ensure team’s compliance with organizational and department policies and procedures;
- Support data analysis;
- Provide weekly updates to manager.
- Ability to travel independently, ideally with previous travel experience in Mexico/Central America;
- Ability to and comfortable with walking several kilometers in rural areas;
- Culturally sensitive and aware of issues related to poverty and gender;
- Experience in supervision, ideally in a multicultural context;
- Timely, organized, and detail orientated;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Experience and/or education in monitoring and evaluation.
Posted: 29 Apr 2013 Closing Date: 01 Jun 2013
How to Apply: Interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com
Contact: Caitlin Scott firstname.lastname@example.org